What can be better than a plate of scrambled eggs in the morning. Only requires a few things and is easy to make. For me this is the best breakfast I can ever have on the weekends. Add some bacon and enjoy.
2 teaspoons milk or cream
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Add milk or cream
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Beat mixture until well combined.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan
- Pour mixture into the saucepan over medium-low heat and put lid on tightly.
- Allow to sit for the first couple of minutes
- Remove lid and gently folding the mixture over on itself until the eggs look almost cooked. (Folding rather than scraping and stirring will result in fluffier eggs.)
- When the eggs look just a little bit underdone, remove them to a serving plate. If the eggs look done in the pan, they’ll be overdone on the plate.
Some delicious additions to try in your scrambled eggs are:
- Chopped herbs
- Ground nutmeg
- Grated or crumbled hard cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cubed cream cheese
- Roasted capsicum
- Green onions
- Sautéed or caramelized onions
- Tomatoes (sautéed with basil)
- Cooked asparagus tips
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Sautéed zucchini (with shallots)
- Chopped, cooked and drained spinach
- Crumbled, cooked bacon or chopped ham
- Crumbled, cooked sausage
ALLERGEN ADVICE: Eggs
SPECIAL DIET MODIFICATIONS: For Lactose free use Zymil and Nutellex