Do you have that many apples that you don’t know what to do with them. Make baked apples. Easy to make and its simple. requires not a lot of your time and its perfect for your guests.
4 apples (such as Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup sultanas
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Core and cut apple.
- Replace part of core in the bottom to form a plug.
- Drizzle lemon juice into apple cavities.
- Place apples, upright, into a baking dish.
- Finely grate rind from orange.
- Combine sultanas, vanilla essence, sugar, almonds and spice.
- Spoon sultana mixture into centre of each apple.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with custard.